Saturday, September 11, 2010

What I Want Today- Statement Rings

Today I want to introduce a new weekly feature- What I Want Today. I'm a very picky shopper- Genrally, I don't like cheaply made stuff. I want to love the things I buy for a long time- for our home, for myself and others. It's extremely tempting to buy lots of things every season from cheap, trendy stores but I'm interested in building a collection of quality clothing that reflects personalized style.


Alexander McQueen Skull Ring at net-a-porter.com

   My style rules:
1.Classic tailored pieces- menswear inspired pants have been a staple in my wardrobe since high-school.
2.Well made, good fitting basics- great t shirts and tank tops for layering- a must if you like to seamlessly transition your wardrobe from season to season.
3. Pretty feminine dresses- I am slowly adding to my collection of girlie dresses, I love vintage dresses too and have been wearing my whole life.
4. Statement pieces- big rings, chunky bangles, colourful roomy bags, great shoes, scarves- I believe this is the place to really add colour and follow throw away trends if you like to do that sort of thing. Rings, bags and scarves make it easy to be humorous, add a  whimsical touch, of just draw some attention to your outfit.
5. Like shoes, a well dressed lady can never have too many coats, sweaters, hoodies, and jackets.


Right now I'm coveting statement rings of all kinds-

Cocktail Rings by Stephen Dweck . I looove all his work.




No comments: