Monday, June 14, 2010

Avocado Inspiration and my finished DIY project

I've finally finished my project. I'm really excited about it because I finished it in record time (for me at least) and it's really cute! Avocado's, one of my favorite fruits, were my inspiration for this project.



I found this dresser while Thrifting with my mother in Law, Susan, in Alabama. The best stuff is in Alabama and it's much less expensive for second hand, vintage and thrift store finds than here in New Orleans. It's was in pretty good shape, just the veneer was chipped- but all the drawers were in excellent shape and all the original hardware was still on it too!

 Remember I was thinking about woodgrain contact paper? I found some at Home Depot, which I adore for all types of crafty supplies, my only complaint is that it's not open all the time.

Here is the finished dresser...




5 comments:

Mallory - Miss Malaprop said...

This turned out great! I love the way you shuffled the drawers around too, they look much better in this order than in the original photos. Good job!

Corinna said...

Rebekah, love the dresser too! I also think the way you placed the drawers is better. Left a message on your facebook page but wanted to mention it here too incase you don't see it. I'd like to get a couple of lip balm keychains for my girls. Let me know...

Thanks!
Corinna

Rebekah The Craft Fiend said...

Thanks ladies! I'm so in love with it! I'm already thinking about how to tackle my next project. Storage, well pretty storage, is a huge focus of mine.

Jennae @ Green Your Decor said...

I love it! I have a thing for mid-century dressers, and the color you added to this one is great! And at first glance, I never would've guessed that this was contact paper!

And I am SO glad that you rearranged the drawers! I'm not sure who came up with the original configuration, but this makes a lot more sense!

Rebekah The Craft Fiend said...

Thanks Jennae! I too love mid-century, well, mid- century anything! I'm not sure if the drawers were just mixed up at the thrift store or what, but I have to say it just makes more sense to have them the way they are now.