Sunday, January 16, 2011

Behind the scenes// Colour Pallate for The New Blog

It's time to start designing the background for my new blog! I hope to be able to unveil the new home for The Craft Fiend Mid March! I'm working so hard on focusing, culling out the things that aren't reflective of my personal brand and simplifying the look of everything!

Here are words from my inspiration journal to describe what the new blog will be like:

a daily celebration of handmade and nostalgia in a 9 to 5 world.

Here are some photos from my Pinterest Brand and Identity Board that I've saved to help me create the look of my new blog.



from Valspring on Flickr

from lonnymag.com

Visual elements that I hope to include are:

Cleaner side bar with cohesive buttons, Polka dots and stripes (two of my favorite things!), A softer colour pallet, and a much bigger space so photos pop off the page!

Wasabi Suicide via colourlovers.com

Sushi for Lenas Love via colourlovers.com

off to read about backgrounds, hex colours, and headers!


No comments: